Natural Cotton and Wool Mattress
CATEGORYOrganic Mattresses US Made
Organic Children Bedding
Organic Pillows 100% Certified
Kapok, Cotton, Wool, Organic Cotton & Buckwheat & Latex
Natural & Organic Fabrics + Covers
Yoga, Massage, + Meditation Equipment
SALESee All Sale Items....
An easy answer is that White Lotus Home does this naturally! How? Without the need of any chemicals in their mattresses by simply, using WOOL as the natural fire retardant (FR). For more details on how these mattresses are made please go to: http://www.whitelotus.net/green-cotton-wool-mattress.html
- The mattresses are made by wrapping a layer of wool (Not just any wool, it has to pure as natural as it can be) around the outer most fiber layer inside the mattresses. This wool just like all the fibers in the mattresses, do not touch your body, since it is inside the casing. Cotton, Natural latex, Eco-friendly foam and/or other layers (depending on your final choice) are encased in a fabric casing. This outer casing material can be made with 100% Cotton or 100% USDA Certified Cotton fabric.
- The Cotton and Wool Dreamton Mattress is a White Lotus original mattress, which is how most of the natural and organic mattresses are ordered and made at White Lotus Home. They are many firmness and softness options for the Dreamton, since it can include other fibers to meet your needs.
- The wool wrap also acts as a:
- Natural Dust Mite repellant
- Body temperature regulator, because the wool wicks away moisture during hot months and keeps your body warm during cold months.
ANOTHER CHIOCE: While White Lotus
Home also offers 100% organic and green cotton mattresses, without the need of
WOOL as the natural fire retardant, we do require a doctor’s note before we can
make one for you. This is the law and since a White Lotus Home mattress without
wool as the natural FR, will not meet the FR1633 Law requirement, we need this
note. It is what the CPSC requires. The doctor’s note must be on a prescription
pad that includes the doctor’s registered drug number which works the same as when
they prescribe medicine.
ABOUT THE FR LAW: The FR1633 effective July, 1, 2007, includes that all USA mattress manufacturers need to meet this law and normally, traditional manufacturers use chemical flame retardants (FR) to pass this law. This FR law helps increase escape time for victims trapped in a fire which should save hundreds of lives. If you find others claiming that they make 100% organic or 100% natural mattresses without the use of an FR, please request details of how they are meeting the FR1633 law.
MORE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Ordering with White Lotus Home
About WLH Products
Products Weights & Sizes
Standard and Custom Mattress Sizes
All Cotton vs. Foam Core
Traditional vs. White Lotus Mattresses
How do I take care of/clean my mattress and bedding?
How thick are your mattresses?
How long should my mattress last?
How long should my topper last?
How Does White Lotus Home Mattress Pass Fire Test?
Are your natural mattresses comfortable?
Why are hand-made mattresses better than machine-made mattresses?
Return, order modification and cancellation policy?
What is your warranty policy?
Do you make king size mattresses?
Do you ship outside the U.S.?
I need a king but do not want a 100 lb. mattress.
What is a Split King?
Do you do custom work?
What are your customization fees?
Do you have an expedited service?
Do you have a delivery, assembly, or repair service?
What is your normal turn around time?
Why buy Organic Bedding Products?
Do I need a Doctor's note for chemical-free mattresses?
So what, exactly, is that earthy scent in my mattress?
Futon/Furniture assembly instructions or help
I placed an order with White Lotus Home, can you send me my UPS Tracking Number?
What kind of payments do you accept?
How do I care for my Wool Bedding?
About GREEN cotton
How to choose a Natural Bed?
Green Products & Services Guide
Picking a pillow that's right for me?
Did my Organic or Natural mattress/bedding shrink?
What does FR stand for?
Can I recycle my mattress?
Soft, Medium, or Firm Pillow?